Saturday, February 28, 2015

He's Back

After almost four months of sleeping separately, I invited Simon to sleep in our bed again. 

Just for sleep, mind you. And our three year old is in between us. 

Simon thanked me for letting him back in and I think I just nodded my head like, "Sure." It was more that I felt ready to tolerate his presence in my bed: my safe place. The place where I cry and kneel to pray. 

I've felt good about him being in there with me. ( even though I had gotten very used to having the bed all to myself!) And having my son with us makes me feel emotionally safer to. 

I bought my ticket to Togetherness today. And in the registration, I was asked to write down what my main question is that I'm hoping will be answered at the convention. This is what I wrote:

How can I feel comfortable and adequate in the bedroom again?

I think you get what I'm asking. And truth be told, I shouldn't have put in the word "again." Because I've NEVER felt comfortable or adequate in the bedroom. I always knew something was amiss with our intimacy and its frequency. 

Having Simon back in my bed--even just for sleeping--has brought up those insecurities again. And I hate it! Because I KNOW nothing's wrong with ME in that situation. The issues were never about me. But I still stress. 

For now, I'm taking my sweet time. And Simon has not pressured me once for which I am grateful. 

So if anyone is sitting in Togetherness and hears this question brought up--you might just see AnneGirl with her arms in the air praising God. Ha! 

Who is going to Togetherness? 


6 comments:

  1. Me!!!! Hope we can meet, I am so excited to go, especially because it will be my first weekend "off" from the husband and kids since almost forever!"(I brought my baby to the last Togetherness).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to meet you! Sway and I are staying together so maybe we can arrange a time for us all to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not going but i wish you all the best! i hope you get your question answered. it's the hardest topic ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I will be sure to take notes and post them.

      Delete