Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My Story, Part Two: The Newlywed Years

Simon and I were best friends. The newlywed years were so special and fun and passionate. We lived in a dark, spider-filled basement with carpet in the kitchen. We used cardboard boxes for side tables and for our tv stand. We were poor and happy. 

We discovered The Office and 24 and spent hours on the couch cuddling. Simon worked and I went to school and had a part time job. Simon just wasn't into school. He didn't like it. He didn't like studying. He liked making money. He did a few semesters then decided to take a break. (He never went back.) Thankfully, Simon IS a hard worker. He is motivated and ambitious and charming. He always provided wonderfully for us. 

I graduated. We hung around In Idaho a bit more while Simon worked on his career. Eventually, his career led us to move to the other side of the country. I was happy to go along and support my husband. It was a new adventure and we were taking it together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment